One of our favorite finds this summer is the new cupcake bakery in Olympia...it is so cute inside and you can tell how much heart has gone into this lovely business and the delicious cupcakes. If you are by the farmer's market check out Sweet Charley B's !

![]() |
| Another thing of our summer to do list...the Olympia Farmer's Market The bonus was we were there with my nieces and some great friends! |
These cute kids belong to me of course, and the other two beautiful brown eyed kiddos belong to one of my best friends from grade school and all through college. We have finally found time this summer to reconnect and get our families together. The kids are so excited to see each other and I am so thankful to be able to spend some time with friends who were such a huge part of my life. My friendships represent some of the most important people in my life. I have come to realize how lucky and blessed I am to have so many people that have been my friends since we were kids. You can turn to them no matter what. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you talked, they are your friends for life and that is so, so important. I love that I can count on them and I know them so well...Too many things continuously surprise me on a daily basis and stability and loyalty are treasured characteristics. I feel double blessed because I have also been fortunate enough to create wonderful friendships after college and those friends have become staples in my every day life and in my girls' lives. I don't know what I would do without them. I can only hope my girls are as fortunate as I have been.
![]() |
Round two of sewing camp! Jordyn did great again and this time she was able to show us a headband, bag and skirt she made! My Grandma Gablehouse was extremely talented when it came to sewing (and many other things) and I am sure her and Jordyn would have been sewing like crazy during the summers. Funny how someone can be gone from your life for 23 years and in one moment you are reminded of how much you miss them and it hurts your heart like it was yesterday. I wish so much that she was here..
![]() |
| My grandma with me..she made this dress for my first communion. |
Time for tennis! The girls have both completed camps this year and Jordyn was able to take two weeks of lessons. They both loved them and it makes me really excited to think of our family being able to go out and enjoy this fun sport together!
You will always be able to tell my nieces are here because you will see lots of dirty dishes in the sink from all the food these girls seem to need and the laughter from the backyard...and if you missed them, all you have to do is pick up my iPad or phone and see all the crazy pictures they take of themselves. The funny part is that I never see them doing this and then I go to take a picture a few days later, and there they are!
![]() |
| Our pretty Sydney..we are a complete family when she is here <3 |
![]() |
| These are the most beautiful nieces in the world...really?! |
One of our summer to dos was a water balloon fight. We did have one earlier, but we had to have another one now that Syd was home with us.
Poor Kendall Bug, she and her dad made a secret stash of water balloons for her to get her big sis and cousins. She caught Syd and Jordyn discovering them and taking them for their own. Chelsie decided they were in need of a punishment...so Kendall got to take free aim of the two girls!

One more summer to do marked off our list! The girls had a good time playing at the sprinkler park here in town! We met a friend from work and it was nice to visit and watch the kids play. Glad to have this right in town for a quick afternoon activity.




















No comments:
Post a Comment